CLA Kids is a ministry to family life. When we seek to reach the hearts of children by caring for the whole family, we are able to multiply our care through parents and caregivers. It is our goal, through child centred programming, pastoral care and participation in the larger life and ministry of CLA, to encourage children to grow in body, soul, mind and spirit.
Weekly Sunday Morning Kids Church
Grace | Sep. 13
Love | Sep. 20
What to Expect on Sunday
The Security of CLA Kids is our top priority. To accomplish this, we have check-in kiosks that open 15 minutes before each service. There you will receive two stickers, one for your child with name and security code and one with a corresponding code for you to match with their name tag and code when you pick them up after the service. Our friendly CLA Kids Ministry Team will be available to help you at every step. They are always wearing CLA Green KIDS team t-shirts, so they’re easy to identify. Ask any one of them for help. To get started, ask at Guest Services in the main lobby, or head directly to the large treehouse in the North Lobby to register your children on your first visit.
In the event that we need to contact you during the service, we'll send a text message to the phone that we have registered for you in our Check-In system. It is important that you keep this information up to date, through your Church Center App.
These occur six times a year, when our elementary aged children join with the main worship service, not as observers, but as participants. We believe that when our children negotiate a role in the larger church life of CLA, they will grow up and into a vibrant faith. Therefore, on these Sundays, our children help greet, usher and lead worship along with the adults who model service to them. We strategically choose these services so that CLA Kids also experience Communion, Baptism and special services such as Missions month and Thanksgiving Sunday. Most importantly, parents become priests leading their children in worship before the throne of God. We’re committed to families worshipping God together!
Our Values Direct Our Actions
When we GATHER:
- We are Friendly
- We are Creative
- We are Changed
“…if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” Luke 19:40
CLA Kids GATHER to celebrate Jesus!
- On Sundays at Kids Church
- At our Summer Explorer’s Camp
As we Grow:
- We Feed on God’s Word
- We are Curious
- We Learn Together
“Jesus increased in wisdom, in stature, and in favour with God and others.” Luke 2:52
CLA Kids GROW with Jesus in us!
- By becoming a disciple of Christ
- By memorising Scripture
- By Making and deepening Friendships
- With Parents encouraging us
- Reaching toward LeadYoung Leadership Training in Grade 678
As we SERVE:
- We are Doers of God’s Word
- We open our hearts to those in need
- We learn to listen to the Holy Spirit
- We learn to use the gifts God’s given us
“Our children will also serve Him.” Psalm 22:30
CLA Kids SERVE to be like Jesus
- By Contributing on Family Sundays in the Adult Service
- By Learning to be leaders in Kids Church
- By Graduating into Junior Kids Team Leaders
- By Raising money for CLA Kids mission projects
As we GO
- We are Bold and Courageous
- We are Welcoming
- We are God’s Transformers
"We walk in the way of love, just as Christ gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering to God." Ephesians 5:2
CLA Kids GO to share God’s love
- First learning about CLA Missions Projects with Flat Theo and Phylis
- Through Explorer’s Camp with the help of Bus Ministry
- By cooperating with City Serve and HD Stafford Middle School to hold Fall Festival
While each member of our team is responsible to specific areas, we strive to serve families as God has gifted us, in teaching, pastoring, administrating and creative communication. We don’t do this alone but along with our gifted volunteer ministry team of more than 200!